Beamdog, the developer known for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and plenty more have now revealed their strategy game Axis & Allies 1942 Online will release on July 31st.
This is the official adaption of the classic board game, Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition, and the release into Early Access will come with Linux support, as confirmed by Beamdog to us in their press release.
- The complete Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition experience
- Asynchronous gameplay with custom defense profiles
- Optional computer AI players
- Learn to play with introductory tutorials
- Selectable victory conditions
- Keep informed with the action log and war diary
- Over 20 minutes of all-new period appropriate music
You will be able to play with up to five other players, each controlling one or more of the Axis or Allied powers in multiplayer, one-on-one, hotseat, or AI mode. So you're not forced to play online, since you can play against the AI if that's more your thing.
You can check it out on Steam, it will be $19.99 when it's up. I'm hoping to take a look sometime after release, as Beamdog have already sent over a key to test. They continue to be great supporters of Linux gaming with all their recent titles having Linux support.