Blade Symphony [Steam, Humble Store], a game where you need to prove you're the world's greatest swordsman is coming to Linux with the Blade Symphony: Harmonious Prelude update next month on April 12th.
Turns out, they actually sent word nearly two weeks ago to us about this. Sadly, their email ended up in my spam folder that I happened to check over today! Writing in the press email to us, the developer said the update will add in:
- New Multi-Match functionality, allowing multiple simultaneous duels
- Gain XP and unlock cosmetic masks, armor, emblems and glowing swords
- Mac OSX and Linux version
- Hundreds of bug fixes, performance tweaks and optimizations
- Exclusive mask, skin, cape and sword for current owners
In regards to the Linux/Mac ports, they said "These have all proven to run extremely well on our test systems, and we’re pretty excited." and they recently shared a quick video of it running on Linux:
The game is actually using Valve's Source Engine, they said they've updated it from the Portal 2 version of Source, to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive version.
They're still planning to make the game free to play, however, they've decided to drop the price of it for now to encourage more people to pick it up and help them along with some revenue, as they still have more to work on.
Humble links are affiliate links.