After being funded on Kickstarter, Broken Reality, the parody game about walking around the internet as if it was a 3D place is releasing soon.
It's easily going to be the weirdest game release all year:
Broken Reality is a first-person puzzle/adventure game set in a world where Internet sites are 3D places rather than 2D pages. The game is a crafted with a vaporwave flare and is certain to entertain you as you reflect on your digital existence and immerse yourself in a 3D parody of the internet. Diverse puzzles, beautiful worlds, friends, experiences, upgrades and more, await those who "log on”!
While it's releasing for Windows sometime today, the Linux version is going to see a delay. I've spoken to the developer, who sounds very positive about it. They're rather fresh-faced when it comes to Linux, so it's going to see some extra attention when the Windows release is out and they will get the Linux version sorted as soon as possible. I've offered a hand in testing it, so hopefully we will have more news on it soon after release.
- Find passion in our exclusive Love Cruise, or gamble away in the casinos of GeoCity. Everything you need is one click away!
- Cut ads into pieces with your katana, find secrets with your camera, teleport with your bookmarker and much more with our varied set of tools!
- Meet a diverse cast of characters and help them along the way!
- Collect likes to upgrade your account and gain access to new levels!
- Arcade-style mini games and a variety of quirky quests!
- Rich audio environments and dynamic soundtracks that match your progression.
- Non violent action!
For those interested, you can follow it and wishlist on Steam.