For those who love their building and management sims, one I spotted recently was School Owner and it's coming to Linux in May.
First thing, it's not a fully completed game. It's going to be in Early Access, although the developer did say it's already in a "playable state" (I would hope so…) but they have plans to add in a lot more during the development of it like roads, updated graphics, more sound effects and background music and so on.
While we have a lot of these types of sims now, we don't have a lot that focus on the topic of education. The only other I can think of is UniverCity, which also isn't finished. Anyway, here's their most up to date short trailer for you:
Features to be available first when it enters Early Access:
- Hire employees that will build, research, assist, teach, cook, clean, and guard your school.
- Complete control over the schedules of the staffs and students.
- Buy TV advertising, set up a school website, and do other marketing stunts that will help make your school popular.
- Day and Night, Season, and Weather system are integrated into the game.
- If needed, you can take out loans from the bank.
- Keep your students happy and satisfied by tending to their needs.
- Do your "to-do" list and get rewarded.
- Campaign and Sandbox mode
Their current plan, is to stick around in Early Access for 12-24 months so they're at least keeping players aware on how long they expect it to take to finish. I've seen quite a number enter Early Access saying it will only be 1 or 2 months, which always makes me chuckle at how they tend to underestimate the work involved in finishing a game.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam.