Chasm is the excellent looking RPG Platformer from Discord Games that will be launching into early access soon, and luckily the Linux release will come too.
The game was funded using Kickstarter where it hit over $190K, and I seriously cannot wait to see what they did with the money. It looks epic and the early demo was pretty decent too.
The developers teased this on twitter:
Hey Linux!! We're baaaaack. pic.twitter.com/xJ79Obg6Yn— DISCORD (@DiscordGames) September 7, 2014
We asked about the Linux release:
@gamingonlinux Yep!— DISCORD (@DiscordGames) September 7, 2014
And then details on the release itself:
@gamingonlinux We'll be launching Early Access via Humble in just a couple weeks, retail probably at year end.DISCORD (@DiscordGames) September 7, 2014
Chasm is a procedurally-generated RPG Platformer currently in development for PC (Win, Mac, & Linux) and Playstation 4. Taking equal inspiration from hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers and Metroidvania-style platformers, it will immerse you in a procedurally-generated fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
- Explore six massive procedurally-assembled areas from hand-crafted rooms
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and authentic pixel art (384x216 native res.)
- Battle massive bosses and discover new abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Customize your character by equipping armor to your body and weapons, shields, or spells to either hand
- Includes Normal, Arena, Time Trial & Hardcore Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time and more
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support
Check out the official Chasm website for more information. You can even pre-order right now for $15 and get a key at release, or pay a little more and get early access.