Daedalic Entertainment just released their brand new co-op focused competitive RTS, A Year Of Rain, into Early Access and they confirm that a Linux version is a high priority.
A Year Of Rain is a traditional RTS in the style of others like Starcraft, Warcraft and plenty more featuring a mix of base building, resource gathering, unit recruiting and of course lots of battles.
Speaking on Steam, their team said this just before release:
Yea, let me apologize for the team. We just couldn't get the Linux and Mac version ready for the Release Day. But it is high on our Roadmap! We'll share a Roadmap for everyone to see later.
That Roadmap is now up, with a clear "TOP Priority Roadmap" section that has both Linux and macOS support. When you actually go onto it, the expanded details do make it clear that both platforms were given careful thought when they started working on the game. The Linux version is almost there and they're hoping to have both up in a few weeks.
- The ultimate Team RTS. Play together across all game modes
- Ambitious campaign, designed for co-op experience
- A 2v2 skirmish mode that is truly designed for team play
- Unique asymmetric 2v2 multiplayer mode “Against All Odds”: Two heroes face two entire armies! (To be added during Early Access)
- Three unique factions: House Rupah, the Wild Banners and the Restless Regiment
- Compelling, multi-layered story spanning all factions
- Elaborate, stylized art
- Powerful iconic heroes to lead your army
- Soundtrack by award-winning composer Neal Acree
You can wishlist/follow on Steam. When they give out more information about the upcoming Linux version, we will let you know.