Coregrounds [Steam] is a rather promising sounding free to play fast-paced strategy game from developer nolife labs.
The developer said that they're aiming to create an experience that has the strategic diversity of a MOBA, yet it plays like a tower defense game. It sounds pretty darn interesting and considering they're going for a free to play model, with only vanity items for purchase as everything else is unlocked by playing it, so they could be onto a winner.
- Beat 100 levels of vicious bots
- Play against friends in private matches
- Climb the Scoregrounds in ranked matches
- Unlock dozens of minions, towers and abilities
- Modify your units and draft the perfect build
- Unlock colors, skins, backgrounds and customize your Coregrounds
- Complete more than 100 achievements
The developer said it will support Linux, Mac and Windows with cross-platform multiplayer
The core gameplay is complete, but they will be using Early Access to continue adding in more towers, minions and abilities. It's slated to enter Early Access on Steam sometime this year, no clear date is being given at the moment.