Theme Hospital is an absolute favourite classic of mine, one I still have my original CD for stored away and I have such happy memories playing it. It still holds up pretty well today, but CorsixTH makes it a whole lot better since it supports more modern features as well as native support for Linux.
Note: It does require the data files from Theme Hospital, which you can grab from GOG (affiliate link).
Here's some highlights of the new release:
- Mouse capture support. Now by default the mouse will be captured in it's window.
- Allow objects to be built on top of litter and rat holes.
- Can now click and hold to quickly change handyman priorities.
- Significant map editor performance improvement when selecting multiple tiles.
- Rat holes will now appear if your hospital is dirt enough, the actual rats don't appear yet though.
- Rooms can now be built over top of trash.
- The game window can now be resized by dragging the edges.
- Graph labels no longer overlap, making them all readable
On top of that, the latest release comes with a great many bug fixes. It might not sound like the most exciting release, but CorsixTH has been pretty stable for a while, with you being able to play most of the game.
See the full release notes here.