The final DLC for Cossacks 3's Deluxe Edition "The Golden Age" [Steam] has been released adding in historical battles, new scenarios and more.
- "Historical battle" – new multiplayer gamemode, which allows up to 8 players to participate. 8 fascinating and widescale battles are waiting for warlords, who are ready to challenge fate and rewrite the history.
- "Oranien boven" – new historical campaign. Lead the Dutch Republic through the darkest and brightest days alike, participating in major conflicts of XVII century.
- Singleplayer scenarios – four new singleplayer missions: Siege of Dunkirk, War over Brazil, Caribbean War and Portuguese Restoration War.
- Switzerland and Piedmont: new strong and beautiful nations are ready to battle in single and multiplayer game modes both, as players fiercly fight for the top places in ranked.
- New unique units: 5 new units will increase amount of your game's strategies even further. Switzerland would have 17th century Pikeman, Jaegar and Mounted Jaeger (unique hussar). Padre and 18th century Dragoon would join Piedmonte.
- Soundtrack – 2 brand new soundtracks, dedicated to Switzerland and Piedmonte. Lead your armies to victory, while listening epic and picturesque execution of national motives.
See the announcement here.
Truthfully, I haven't had enough time to really get to grips with Cossacks 3 and the Linux version is still considered a "beta" right now. Once they polish it up, they should be putting the Linux version on GOG too (so they tell me).
Have many of you tried it? Let us know your thoughts on it so far.