Slovakian developer Mad Sheep Studios just recently released Urtuk: The Desolation, a stylishly dark, low-fantasy, survival RPG with tactical turn-based battles.
Currently in "First Access" (the itch.io form of Early Access), it takes place on a completely destroyed Earth-like planet. Your main goal is to find a cure for the main character, Urtuk, who has a lethal disease. As you travel across a procedurally generated world-map using a node-based travel system like found in FTL you will need to manage your party, gather new equipment, extract "mutators" from fallen enemies and use them to upgrade your own characters.
- Survival RPG with focus on combat and world exploration in a dark fantasy world
- Tactical turn based combat with large maps, and environmental tactical options and carefully throughout class/skill system
- Procedurally generated survival campaign
- Upgrade your characters with extracts from fallen enemies
- Hand-drawn graphical assets, from the world-map to battlefield, along with all characters and map objects
- For Windows, Mac and Linux
The style honestly looks incredible. Super dark fantasy stuff, with some fantastic details put into the characters. If you love turn-based strategy with RPG party management and survival, this looks like one to check out.
Hat tip to Tchey.