After launching on itch.io while still in development, the impressive dark fantasy open-world RPG, Urtuk: The Desolation, is launching into Early Access on Steam next year.
In the announcement on their itch page, they've set a date for February 14th. This is after it's already been in development for 4 years, with it being live on itch in First Access and now pushing forwards onto Steam to take development even further.
It certainly has a good style to it, with a rather dark story to go with it. The main character, Urtuk, suffers from some disease and their time is running out so you're searching the world for a cure.
- Survival RPG with focus on combat and world exploration in a dark fantasy world
- Tactical turn-based combat with large maps, and environmental tactical options and carefully throughout class/skill system
- Procedurally generated survival campaign
- Upgrade your characters with extracts from fallen enemies
- Hand-drawn graphical assets, from the world-map to battlefield, along with all characters and map objects