The tough-as-nails roguelike full of madness and monsters released a new character class as DLC last week.
Darkest Dungeon [Official Site] is a challenging game which revels in dealing out despair and curve balls at its players. As you assemble your squads of heroes and take them through various dungeons and areas to try to reclaim your ancestral home, players will encounter a whole range of strange and dangerous creatures. It’s a game where it’s important to manage your party’s stress levels as much as it is to actually fight and kill.
The new Shieldbreaker DLC adds a new hero class of the same name, whose backstory points to a troubled existence in a vast desert to the east.
- New hero class: the Shieldbreaker
- Dynamic, tactical skill set for the Shieldbreaker featuring all new combat mechanics including: Armor Piercing, Guard Break, and Stealth
- Shieldbreaker class-specific trinkets, including a set.
- 3 New Monsters - frightful illusions from the Shieldbreaker's origin, now slithering forward to infest the Estate
- New Consumable Item - Aegis Scale, providing a last bastion of protection for when a hero truly needs it.
While I would have preferred to have seen more meaty content released like the Crimson Court DLC, it’s still nice to see the game getting new stuff. There have been a lot of updates since launch, including one that added a shorter game mode. Make sure to check out Liam’s thoughts on the original game as well.