Vanille Games have announced their Tower Defense game Defend The Keep will be releasing this month with full Linux support.
They said they didn't think they would have enough time to do a Linux version, but enough people showed their interest in it so it's coming right away on July 16th. Sometimes developers just need that little push and as a strategy game fan, I'm happy about this news.
Seems a bit different to traditional Tower Defense games, with some elements from RTS games thrown in it too. You can see some gameplay below:
- 9 Ability upgrades to choose from in every level
- 12 persistent building upgrades with 3 tiers. Respec any time you want!
- Expanding notebook with information about your abilities, enemies and locations
- Real time world map, with over 20 levels
- Test your skills in time mode and earn extra upgrade crystals. The game speed keeps accelerating, think fast!
- Three difficulty levels and an endless new game - difficulty.