Defender's Quest Deluxe is a brand new upgraded version of the RPG/Tower Defence game Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten that brings lots of new goodies.
- Massively improved graphics (yes you can optionally use the old art still)
- Azra's journal now available in regular game
- HD-capable engine -- no more 800x600 lock!
- Haxe/C++ based NATIVE engine -- no more Flash/Adobe AIR!
- 60 FPS
- Greatly expanded w/ new story content (play New Game+ to get the extra stuff)
- New "behind the scenes" journal detailing the game's development
- Many bugfixes/tweaks from the original
- And lots more!
To be honest, this is probably one of the best Tower Defence games available for Linux. Great graphics mixed with great gameplay.
Really pleasing to see the Adobe AIR requirement gone with the new engine!
Seems to work nicely apart from going fullscreen, a bunch of the graphics seem to vanish for me when I go into fullscreen. I have reported this to the developer.
Grab it from Steam and GOG.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: