One for fans of point and click adventure games, as the detective adventure Lamplight City [Official Site] from the developer of A Golden Wake and Shardlight is coming to Linux.
When asking the developer about Linux support, they said this to us:
Working on it. Want to make absolutely sure it's working before announcing pre-launch. But support will come!
Here's what they say it will feature:
- Be the detective you want to be. But prepare to face the consequences.
Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, get information by any means necessary. Follow the law or make your own rules, but how you choose to act will affect people's attitudes towards you.
- Five cases to solve, with multiple suspects, false leads, and different outcomes.
Never find yourself stuck in a dead-end situation. If the case becomes unsolvable, simply move on to the next one. The story will adapt based on your choices.
- Single click interface with no inventory.
Gather clues and documents in your casebook for review. Item manipulation is handled via a context-sensitive cursor.
- A fictional city with four boroughs to explore, each with their own unique flavor.
Players will visit each of these boroughs throughout the game, exploring themes such as class divide and the public's fear of emerging steam tech.
- Inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens.
- Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
- Original score by Mark Benis
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam. The full release is scheduled for September 13th, hopefully Linux support will land then.