Always in the mood for a good action RPG, Soldak titles are usually pretty good and Din's Legacy [Official Site] is sounding like another good entry.
Like with previous Soldak games including Zombasite, Drox Operative and more, it will be releasing with Linux support.
Originally announced back in April, we held off on talking about it until we had some shots. The developer just got in touch to show off the first shots of the game, take a look:
Here's what it will feature:
- Experience your character mutating over time for good and bad
- Guide your character's evolution (choosing/improving skills, suppressing unwanted mutations, etc)
- Use mutation points to mutate your character towards another character or sub-class
- Uniquely created worlds for every game, with different scenario, win/lose conditions, areas, monsters, items, and quests, give the player a new experience every time
- Explore a dynamic, evolving, living world
- Your choices truly impact the game
- Co-op multiplayer to adventure with friends
It's currently scheduled to be release around the 4th quarter of 2018, however, they told us that they're basically going for a "when it's done" approach. Some sort of Early Access release should be available sooner.
I actually quite liked Zombasite, so it's going to be interesting to see how Soldak's action RPG gameplay will evolve with Din's Legacy. The mutations system certainly sounds interesting, it sounds like they're not just another name for gaining skills so that could be quite unique.