Don't Starve Together, the incredibly stylish survival game from Klei Entertainment has a new updated out adding in the Wortox character.
Don't Starve Together is the standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising wilderness survival game, Don't Starve.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
What's interesting, is that there's multiple ways to actually get access to Wortox. You can either buy the Wortox Chest in-game, the Deluxe Chest DLC on Steam or you can "weave Wortox for 2700 spool" actually in the game. A very interesting way to do it, so those who want to support Klei further can pay a little more while dedicated gamers without the extra cash can basically unlock it in-game.
They also put out an animated short to go with the update and it's great:
More details about Wortox:
- Wortox catches the Souls of creatures that die around him.
- Souls can be used for the following abilities:
- Wortox can eat delicious souls (then loses some sanity).
- Wortox teleports a short distance.
- Release Souls to heal nearby allies.
- Unfortunately for Wortox, his body craves Souls. Food is only ½ as sustaining.
- Wortox can be overloaded with Souls, causing him to drop them and lose sanity.
- Wortox is less afraid of monsters.
Additionally, Klei said at the end of month they will be releasing a major update to the game which will "be focused on laying the groundwork for more content". At the same time, the Willow character will also be getting a refresh.
I'm a huge fan of both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together, I remember when the original first came out I did always hope they would make a multiplayer version and Klei certainly delivered. It's the incredible style that makes it so worth playing, the artwork is just awesome.
Find Don't Starve Together on Steam.