If there's one thing I can't get enough of, it's strategy games that offer up a little something different. Driftland: The Magic Revival [Official Site, Steam] certainly looks the part and it's coming to Linux.
The game is currently in Early Access on Steam and I honestly hadn't heard of it, at least until it showed up on Twitter as an advert in my timeline. I messaged the developer and their reply was a surprise, as they're actually planning a Linux version.
For a more in-depth look, you can see a lengthy gameplay video here.
- Procedurally generated world
- Resource- and magic-based economy
- Move and terraform scattered landmasses with magic
- Tame and ride dragons and other creatures
- Explore and fight on the same map
- Set goals instead of directly controlling units
They're also planning a single player campaign as well as some form of multiplayer.
Very interested in this one, so I'm following it a lot closer now to keep you updated.