I am so incredibly impressed with AtomTeam on how they've repeatedly pushed out huge updates to ATOM RPG. This latest update makes the game a very different beast.
While it was already an interesting game with quite a lot of content, yesterday's "0.8 Global Update" has content literally spilling out of it. They say this update allows you to ally yourself with "a certain edgy new faction of freaks and weirdos from up north", which allows you to be an evil character and turn the Wasteland into dust. It's interesting, because not everyone wants to play as an infallible hero.
The Skill system seems interesting enough, with quite a bit of variety allowing you to create some interesting builds and so I can't wait to dive in further:
Here's the overall highlights of whats new:
- New video briefing segment.
- Skill tree.
- 36+ NPCs along with 20 new quests.
- Better graphics with the "SpeedTree™ system".
- More craftable weapons and Shields have been introduced.
- Improved Melee and HtH.
- Beets, onions, cheeses and more!
- Dog Armor.
- Two new locations: Fogelevka village (in dev) and an Old Scrapyard.
- A new follower.
- Throw grenades anywhere you want in the throw radius.
- Exploding terrain, watch out for red barrels!
- An ability to leave your followers near the bunker.
- Knocking down doors with melee.
That's not even the full list, which is damn impressive. I am watching this one with great interest, because it's gradually becoming a pretty huge game and they seem to respond rather well to feedback. It's nowhere near perfect, since it's still in Early Access and for some people it might never come close to Fallout, but it's still turning into a great game.
Find it on Steam.