SkateBIRD is a very promising and very cute skateboarding game with birds, yes birds riding skateboards. It's being developed by Glass Bottom Games, who previously gave us Spartan Fist and Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora.
Glass Bottom Games are now seeking funding on Kickstarter, with a sum of $20,000 requested to help them finish the game. Seems it's going well too, with over 50% already pledged! Of course, since I'm writing about it that does mean it's confirmed to be coming to Linux (I've also written about it briefly before, if you missed it).
- Drive smooth flowing, physical-feeling skating with simple buttons, not stick gestures
- Feel immediately at home with the controls, if you dig Pro Skaters of a Hawk variety
- Explore a series of tiny worlds full of little objectives and secret tapes (scotch tapes mostly)
- Make bird friends by completing challenges, or just trying really hard
- Organize skate events with your new friends! Become a skate bird legend!
- (or just be really happy all your buds are having a good time with you)
There's no Linux demo just yet (demo page is here), but I did speak to the developer before the campaign went live and one should be available shortly. I will update you when it is with some first impressions.