Cat-astrophe Games are currently developing FoodBall, a game that mixes together car combat and Football with a theme involving all sorts of edible items.
When speaking to their team about it recently, they confirmed that not only is FoodBall coming to Linux but their team "actually work on Linux a lot" and their CTO "loves Linux". Take a look at what to expect in their trailer below:
- Thrilling tournament mode - A mode for lone wolves: take an in-depth look at the world of FoodBall through the best single-player experience.
- Crazy local multiplayer - Connect with your friends, configure your rules and go wild! The multiplayer mode allows you to create teams of up to 4 players, set up your preferred rules, choose your battle arenas and much more.
- A colorful cast of playable characters - Meet the FoodBall players from all over the world and play through their character story modes to unveil their secrets!
- Pimp your ride - Cat ears for your food truck? Play through various modes and unlock countless cosmetic items that let you personalize your cars!
- All’s fair in food and war! - During the match make use of everything you’ve got: freeze your opponents, boost your speed or leave greasy puddles of tomato sauce to hinder the others! Unlock and upgrade the power-ups specific for each car to boost your chances to win.
They told me we can expect it to release "in the 4th quarter of 2020", once there's a set date we will let you know. After the fall of Rocket League, this might be exactly what the doctor ordered. Let's put it on the menu. You can wishlist and follow FoodBall on Steam.
They're also the team working on The Unholy Society, a quirky 2D adventure game mixed with action elements.