Forager from developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle looks like a pretty fun mash-up of different genres, inspired by the likes of Stardew Valley, Terraria & Zelda and it's going to support Linux now too.
The developer originally said it was basically ready to release back in November last year, but due to contracts they needed to get the game ready for consoles to release at the same time as the PC versions. So while polishing it up, they've continued adding content to the game which has included Linux support! You can more info on that here.
As you can see from the above trailer, it does look really sweet. I love how it really has taken elements from so many different games, put them in a blender and turned it up high. Looks like once you've levelled up and expanded a lot, things could get a little complicated.
- Gather, collect and manage resources.
- Craft useful items & structures.
- Build and grow a base out of nothing. Buy land to expand and explore.
- Level up and learn new skills, abilities, and blueprints.
- Solve puzzles, find secrets and raid dungeons!
- Achieve anything you want! The choice is yours, you set your own goals to work towards!
The developer has already mentioned plenty more will come after release, thanks to their Patreon future updates and DLC will remain free to everyone. On top of that, since their Patreon campaign has done so well they're also going to be doing a multiplayer version.
At release, it will be available on Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
See more from me