Mi-Clos Studio and Goblinz Studio have together announced their turn-based futuristic global cold war sim is now releasing April 18th.
In the turn-based single player Sigma Theory, the world is plunged into a new global cold war after the discovery of a groundbreaking scientific discovery that will radically change humanity’s destiny. Players take charge of their own agency - staffing it with their best, brightest and most ruthless - in order to get their chosen nation ahead in a deadly conflict that is fought in the shadows. Heavily inspired by real-life events; and shaped by the hands-on intelligence experience of the developers who previously created the award-winning Out There, Sigma Theory allows for a fascinating glimpse into a near-future that is closer to reality than many would think.
It's going to release for Linux on the same-day too and they have a new trailer to show off:
- A bold new take on the espionage game genre, set during a future global cold war
- Recruit your team from 50 unique spies and field agents
- Turn-based strategical and tactical-level gameplay
- Order your spies to conduct operations all over the world
- Experience tense and thrilling exfiltration missions where you guide your agents on a covert operation to extract high-value targets from foreign cities
- Infiltrate the enemy’s Sigma programs, abducting, coercing, and seducing scientists to your side
- Deploy your drone fleet to turn operations in your favor
- Deceive or cooperate with your rivals during diplomatic summits