Kharon's Crypt - Even Death May Die, a retro non-linear dungeon crawler that was funded on Kickstarter back in October 2017 is finally about to release. Mentioning the new Early Access date as May 29 on Twitter, the team also confirmed the Linux version will also be launching at the same time.
Inspired by the visuals seen on the classic Game Boy Color. In Kharon's Crypt, you'll be playing as Kharon (a being thought to be death itself) in his mission to escape from the crypt where he had been sealed by a deranged king that wanted to elude death.
As a huge fan of the Game Boy Color and what it was able to do in such a small package, I always love seeing what developers can do with modern game development while sticking to the retro style of it. I actually grew up playing on a GBC so this speaks to me.
- You can possess all exanimates (enemies)
- Each exanimate has unique properties: bats can fly, skeletons can open locks...
- Multiple items with different powers and abilities
- Over 100 collectable Necronomicon pages full of lore
- Nonlinear metroidvania world design
- Dozens of mysteries, side quets and puzzles
- And many challenging Boss Fights!
You can wishlist/follow Kharon's Crypt - Even Death May Die on Steam. We're following along as usual, so we will remind you when it's live around May 29. They also confirmed their plan to launch on other stores (like itch.io) and platforms, once Early Access is over and the game is fully polished.
Want to see more games that were crowdfunded? Check out our dedicated page.
See more from me