Later than originally expected, the Linux version of Ganbare! Super Strikers the mix of a Tactical RPG and Football is now live on Steam.
A little about it:
Ganbare! Super Strikers is an innovative mix between Tactical RPG and Soccer. Win matches to level up and earn new equipment that will allow you to learn special abilities, boost your players' stats or protect yourself against altered status effects, such as Sleep, Silence or Poison.
The game features a Story Mode where you assume the role of a small town soccer team in Japan on their way to victory. Perform well enough and you will be selected to join the Japan National Team where you will need to play alongside old rivals in order to conquer the world. There are loads of different characters each with their own strengths and Special Abilities.
- Level up your players, equip items, learn special abilities and much more.
- 35+ special abilities that can inflict up to 10 altered status effects.
- Spectacular animations with anime style aesthetics.
- Both 7-a-side and 11-a-side game modes.
- Local Multiplayer for 2-4 players with Quick Match, League and Tournament modes.
It does look like quite an interesting game, not a genre I've seen mashed together before. This is why indie developers are awesome, taking more risks creating some really unique games for Linux.