Here's one we missed that released. Garden Variety Body Horror, a 90's styled survival-horror that acts as a sequel to Prototype Mansion released with Linux support.
When they say 90's, they're not kidding. It looks like a game that would have fit in well on something like the original PlayStation.
Their feature list made me chuckle:
- Japanese dubs and English subs
- Classic style survival-horror gameplay -> tank controls optional
- 32-bit low-poly visuals, janky models
- Campy humor, gore galore, FOG.
- Puzzles of the cryptic kind
It's quite interesting to see such games make a small comeback lately, we have a lot of retro-styled and inspired games, but the majority end up being platformers. There's a lot of charm, at least I think so, for a 3D style like this which I think can get lost somewhere with games pushing for the most realistic visuals possible now.
Thanks for the reminder, NuSuey.