Smith and Winston is a twin-stick shooter made entirely out of really small voxel blocks, it looks awesome and the destruction possible is also pretty amusing.
Execution Unit have now announced that it's leaving Early Access next week on August 27th. Speaking about the upcoming release on Indie DB, the developer said:
Smith and Winston has been polished, tested and tweaked and we’re ready to leap out of early access with a full release on the 27th August. Its been a long hard slog but we’re almost done and we both think we have game that we can be very proud of.
Smith and Winston is the culmination of four years of work, a brand new engine, editing tools, numerous design documents and a bucket load of ideas, we’ve evolved from a simple twin stick shooter to a full blown space adventure, with exploration, puzzles, enemies to defeat and a whole lot of things to blow up!
They also have a new trailer to show off:
- Fully destructible everything.
- Two player couch Co-Op.
- Humorous storyline.
- Explosions, with extra explosions.
- Twin stick combat.
- Metroid style exploration.
- Selection of weapons and power ups to collect.
- Rocket pack adding another dimension to twin stick combat.
- Buddy Mode - Coop player 2 can't be shot! Play with your kids or your friend who sucks!
- Casual Gameplay - Challenging and rewarding not insane and hard, it's fun to explore and shoot and destroy.