Love stealth games? How about hacking games? Off Grid [Official Site] has them both and the latest teaser has certainly captured my interest.
I haven't actually been following it closely, something I aim to fix as it seems like a game I would enjoy. The developer has been testing Linux early-on in the development of it too, with them sharing a shot of it running on Linux back in 2016. They've recently put up a new gameplay teaser and they re-confirmed to me that Linux will indeed be a same-day release—heck, their Tweet even has a "#linuxgames" tag in it.
Anyway, less rambling more showing:
Here's what the game will feature:
- Stealth and hacking gameplay based on use of data and environments rather than weapons and combat
- Hack into lifelike simulated networks and data with realistic hacking techniques and tools including SSH, sidejacking, and social engineering of the AI
- Contemporary storyline and missions related to real-world events surrounding data privacy and mass surveillance
- Fully moddable content encouraging players to create new and interesting levels, whether complete fantasy or mimicking hacking in the real world around them
- Outstanding audio and original soundtrack from Jonas Jensen and Lyndon Holland, the BAFTA-winning composer from the game Virginia
You can follow it on Steam. It's due out in "Early 2019".