Godhood from Abbey Games (Reus) has a first gameplay teaser, to give a small slice of their deity simulator.
Have a look below:
While it only offers a small glimpse into the game, what we can see tells us quite a lot. It seems similar to other god sim/strategy games with a building element to it. The combat section looked interesting too, looked a bit like it has turn-based battles. Quite excited by it now, looks like my type of game.
For the Linux version, we have it confirmed direct from Abbey Games that they're planning for Linux support at release.
Here's what they're saying it will feature:
- Create your own religion - You define what is important to your followers. Select virtues and vices. Guide their lives and the rituals they must perform to honor you. A few will rise to become powerful disciples who can help train future generations.
- Nurture and guide your followers - You do not control your disciples, merely guide them. But deciding what rituals they enact, which monument they build and managing their abilities and powers will all be key to a prosperous tribe.
- Ritual combat - Other deities and religions vie for power and influence. Face rival gods and their followers in ritual combat known as ‘Sacraments’. Your disciples will need to prove their faith through the use of awe, persuasion or brute force.
- Colourful art style - Charming visuals with a crisp hand-drawn style depict the new and unknown world of Godhood, seen through a lush, isometric perspective.
- Replayability - Powered by a deep simulation, Godhood allows you to experiment with dozens of different combinations of religious dogmas. Unlock new secrets as you progress along a main storyline filled with battles, rituals and challenging quests.
It's not due for release until sometime next year, so we've likely got a while to wait on it.
For now, you can wishlist and follow it on Steam.