Here is your chance to make sure Ground Pounders has a polished up Linux release, there is still time before it exits Early Access and we have a bunch of keys to give-away. They are Steam Keys to clear up any possible confusion here.
The rule is you need to give feedback on how it runs, other than that have fun!
Shutup already how do I get a key?
Just ask away in the comments as a logged in user so I can PM you a key and you will be good to go.
Be sure to report all issues to the Linux bug forum on Steam.
What is Ground Pounders?
Ground Pounders is a hex-based, turn-based strategy wargame. Inspired by classic strategy games like Panzer General, and steeped in the lore of the Sword of the Stars universe, Ground Pounders offers a new generation of gamers an updated taste of turn-based strategic warfare. Best of all, you can play it cross platform between desktop machine and mobile devices.
Ground Pounders lets players control an army from one of two factions. Each army is comprised of dozens of different unit types. You will lead your ground pounders across a variety of worlds, increase their experience levels and abilities over the course of two campaigns, and use them to unlock special action cards that can add special effects to single-player games, or to up the stakes in your cross-platform multi-player battles.
Full release features
- Control one of 2 armies – Human and Hivers
- 80+ units covering land, sea, and air
- Battle across alien worlds on exotic battlefields, including airless moons, lava plains, and meteor-blasted wastelands
- Seize orbital superiority and call down bombardment on your foes
- Build airfields, fortify areas, and repair or destroy bridges
- Improve your unit’s experience and abilities over 2 campaigns
- Unlock and collect combat cards, including faction-unique cards!
- Build unique combat card decks and even tune them for specific battles
- Ten scenarios to play in skirmish mode or cross-platform multi-player
- Enjoy a SotSdex filled with Lore details on famous units, personalities, battles and weapon systems
Many thanks to Kerberos Productions Inc for reaching out to us with the keys to get a polished Linux version.