Base building, people management and you're trying to colonise Saturn's moon Titan in Titan Outpost which is now available and supported on Linux.
"It is the year 2077. Earth is slowly dying and starving for energy, and humanity has turned to the solar system to meet its ever-growing needs. The Moon has been plundered; the Chinese have begun to colonise Mars, and now the world has set its eyes on hydrocarbon-rich Titan, Saturn's sixth moon. Your employers, the International Autonomous Space Association, are desperate to claim it before the Chinese can. On frosty Titan, this war will be very cold indeed."
It originally released in August last year, with Linux support arriving across the weekend. They had private testers checking it out for a while, so hopefully it's nicely polished. Since released, they've done quite a lot of updates to it too with some big new features and improvements.
- A hard science fiction setting inspired by Robert Heinlein, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov and Stanislaw Lem.
- An open-ended structure in which your choices define not only the course of the plot, but the fate of the world.
- A rich character-creation system, in which you define your character's attributes and develop his or her skills and gear over the course of the game.
- A robust base-building system, in which you must manage your crew, resources, and facilities to survive the harsh environment and your political rivals.
- Multiple approaches to the game's challenges: dialogue; crafting; exploration; trade; and violence are all viable ways to win.
- A rich and reactive story full of mysteries, twists, and memorable characters.
You can find Titan Outpost on Steam.