Get your bag packed ready for another adventure, as the 2D RPG HEARTBEAT released with Linux support recently.
We actually gave this a highlight earlier this month, as the developer said they were planning Linux support. What we didn't expect is to see the Linux version arrive at release!
More about it:
HEARTBEAT is a top-down RPG where you traverse a land recovering from multiple strifes between humans and Mogwai. The unaware populace lives in a constant state of uncertainty and danger veiled by a tranquil facade. As a Conjurer, a human marked by Mogwai, it is your duty to maintain the peace and ensure balance between all who share the earth beneath your feet. Meet new friends and foes as you take on this strange and transcendent journey.
- 20+ hours of a character-driven story that comes with multiple endings and a post-game.
- Explore a vast world with a huge cast of Mogs and humans you can befriend!
- Allies assist you on and off the battlefield with skills to navigate through puzzles and uncover secrets.
- From fishing to card-collecting, you can indulge in some respite if your heart wills it.
- Sidequests provide you with a deeper understanding of the game's lore... and they give out unique rewards to boot!
- Fight through the arena and endurance modes to really test your skills.
So far users have reacted positively with the release. It doesn't have a lot of user reviews yet (less than 50) but what's there so far is a good indicator that it's quite good and probably worth checking out.