Undertale, a very popular 2D indie RPG looks like it's coming to Linux. It has 'Overwhelmingly Positive' reviews overall on Steam, so that's something.
A user on the Steam forum had an email chat with the developer, who asked for Linux testers (he has enough now). So hopefully the testing goes well and we get another popular game soon.
About the game (Official)
Welcome to UNDERTALE. In this RPG, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. Now you must find your way out... or stay trapped forever.
The feature list is awesome:
- Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
- Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
- Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
- Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
- Created mostly by one person.
- Become friends with all of the bosses!
- At least 5 dogs.
- You can date a skeleton.
- Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?
- Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton.
- I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
- If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.
I might have to try it based on the fun sounding feature list, and how well reviewed by everyone it is.