Releasing late this year, Industrial Petting sounds like a pretty amusing game. With single-player and drop-in online multi-player, it will have you (and maybe friends) supply the galaxy with weird creatures.
You have always dreamed of becoming a pet engineer on the edge of the galaxy, and now you can live that dream! With your orbital pet elevator landed on a distant world, it's time to tame the local wildlife, and build more of them.
- Pet Strange Animals
- Feed them exotic vegetables
- Build factories and automate petting
- Invite some friends to create a massive operation together
- Create fun, adorable, and unnatural evolutions of the local wildlife
- Explore the planet and discover what secrets might be hidden on this distant world
After asking about Linux support on the Steam forum, since it appeared with SteamOS/Linux system requirements. The developer replied with "Yep! Getting a linux release, and currently have linux testers on Ubuntu." which is awesome to see.
Pretty excited about this, could happily see myself losing plenty of hours to it.