Kharon's Crypt - Even Death May Die, a nonlinear dungeon crawler inspired by old Nintendo Game Boy Color games and Zelda is getting closer to an Early Access release and they have a sweet new trailer.
This is another that was crowdfunded on Kickstarter (listed on our dedicated page) back in October of 2017. Playing as Kharon, you are a being thought to be death itself. Your mission is to escape from your crypt, where you had been sealed by a deranged king that wanted to elude death.
A little late on talking about this one, since their Steam page and new trailer went up on November 12. There's a good reason though, as I wanted to ensure it's still seeing Linux support. The developer, Andromeda Project, replied yesterday to be clear that it is!
- You can possess all exanimates (enemies)
- Each exanimate has unique properties: bats can fly, skeletons can open locks...
- Multiple items with different powers and abilities
- Over 100 collectable Necronomicon pages full of lore
- Nonlinear metroidvania world design
- Dozens of mysteries, side quets and puzzles
- And many challenging Boss Fights!
The team at Andromeda Project say they've designed Kharon's Crypt in a way that people with multiple types of colour blindness including protanopia, deuteranopia and tritanopia can still enjoy it. Always nice to see developers have a focus on being accessible.
You can find the Steam page here to follow along and wishlist it if that's your thing. Once they announce an Early Access date, I will let you know.