Kontrakt [Official Site], a hyper-violent action-adventure is the next game from ShotX Studio that will have Linux support. Arriving on Steam sometime in Q4 of this year.
About the game:
Kontract is a hyper-violent action-adventure game about schizophrenia with a dark and twisted story. You will assume the role of a hitman involved in mysterious contract killing, while uncovering the dirty truth and secrets behind the City of Light.
The rush of adrenaline coming after each kill will slow down time for you, turning you into an unstoppable monster. Choose the weapon of your choice and plan the assassination carefully, because quick reactions won't be enough.
It certainly gives a Hotline Miami vibe, which isn't a bad thing at all as a lot of games are directly inspired by others. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what Kontrakt will bring to the table. The fire at the end certainly could use some improvements though, was expecting something much more flashy…
It will feature:
- High-speed action mixed with mystery adventure elements
- A tragic, twisted story surrounding schizophrenia
- 12 different weapons with stats that matter and greatly affect gameplay
- Unusual art style inspired from retro pixel art
- Unlock different weapon modifications and unique sentinel echoes
- Original, dark and haunting soundtrack
Follow it on Steam.