Krautscape is an action-packed racing game with bird-like flying cars, focused on competitive multiplayer gameplay. It looks fantastic and it's really great to see them bring out a Linux version as we are still short on racing games.
Krautscape is an action-packed racing game with bird-like flying cars, focused on competitive multiplayer gameplay. The leading player actively builds the racetrack while the chasing players can take shortcuts by flying off the track to overcome obstacles. But the track is needed to score and to get speed – the vehicles don't have any thrusters to accelerate while flying. The three multiplayer game modes are designed to support nonlinear gameplay and intelligent movement instead of forcing you to drive perfectly.
- Short and action packed multiplayer racing sessions
- Build a racing track while racing – every race creates a new track
- Flying cars!
- Three multiplayer game modes with completely different goals & gameplay
- Multiplayer game modes are playable online, on LAN or in splitscreen mode (up to 4 players)
- Single player practice mode
- Original adaptive soundtrack
- Keyboard and gamepad
The Linux update isn't all about Linux it actually adds a ton of other changes. I especially like that their game-pad support isn't strict to allow what they call "non-official" (in other words not an Xbox 360 controller) to work as well.
Check it out on Steam, it's in Early Access, so it may have bugs having a staring contest with you.
About the author - Liam Dawe