Sköll Studio managed to capture my attention recently, with some early footage of their action-RPG 'Last Moon' popping up in my feed and it looks gorgeous.
Taking inspiration from classics like Legend of Zelda: A link to the past, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and a ton more you can see it quite clearly. Last Moon takes in place in a once peaceful kingdom, where an ancient and powerful mage put a curse on the moon, as Lunar Knight you need to stop all this insanity and bring back peace. Since I love all of the mentioned inspirations and I adore the graphical style to Last Moon I'm very keen to see more. Just look at how lush the style is (click to enlarge):
I spoke to the developer personally after noticing it has Linux + SteamOS system requirements on Steam, to confirm Linux will be supported. They confirmed it and added a mention of Linux support onto the official website now to be even clearer.
- Smooth and tuned controls - Dodge, block and slash the corrupted monsters and dangers! All controls and movements are narrowly tuned to give the best game experience we can.
- Dynamic battles - Battles are greatly inspired by the classic aRPG games from the 90s and will be mixed with a more modern game-play and skills, magics and special movements.
- Take a break! - Nothing better than a comfy place to relax when the world is falling in the chaos! Take your time, your journey will be full of pitfalls and it's the best moment to check your equipments and upgrade your skills!
- Level-up! - Train, level up, learn new abilities in a skill tree and exchange your Moon's crystals to get or upgrade weapons, armours charms and other stuff that will help you in your quest.
- Cycles - Experience the seasons as well as the day and the night in Last Moon and discover the differences, the inaccessible places and the secrets hidden at different times.
- Solve Puzzles - The adventure is littered with riddles and puzzles to solve. A lot of dungeons, hidden areas, and rewards awaits you.
- Useless content - Carve pumpkins, break useless items, sit on chairs, cuddle animals, Easter eggs and more useless content will be hidden everywhere in the game!