The upcoming run and gun game Bite the Bullet from Mega Cat Studios is looking really good in the latest feature trailer. Currently in development and due to release in Q1 2020, Bite the Bullet is a fast-paced action platformer RPG with diet-based skill trees.
You work for DarwinCorp, with a mission to collect genetic material from every possible species. A lot of species don't seem happy about it, so they send you in to collect their genetic data with brute force. What DarwinCorp don't know, is that you collect it by eating your targets as a half Human, half Ghoul. When you eat you gain access to new abilities, you can transform and unlock more. It's a gross idea but also somewhat amusing too.
The new trailer included below goes over some of the details about what happens when you eat your enemies, how eating upgrades your character's abilities, and what happens when you eat the wrong things.
- Chow Down on Everything – Devour enemies, walls and even bullets to powerup your character, weapons and abilities.
- Food Based Class System – Choose between diet-based classes like the vegetarian Slaughter of the Soil or the blood-soaked Gorivore, all based on what you eat. Chew carefully because every enemy has its own nutritional information, and your body type will change based on the types of enemies you consume.
- Loot Powerful Weapons – Defeat enemies and take their mighty weapons with fun modifiers, like Spicy Critter Cannons and Organic Meat-Seeking Missiles.
- Customize Your Character & Weapons – Wolf down special types of characters and enemies to craft exotic new weapons and customize your character’s synergistic skill tree that offer abilities like Napalm Vomit and Appetite for Destruction.
- Transform into Powerful Zombro Form – Spice up combat to the next level by mutating into Zombro form and smashing enemies into bite-sized bits.
The Beta currently runs on Linux and the publisher, Graffiti Games, confirmed their continued intention to have it release for Linux.
You can follow and wishlist Bite the Bullet on Steam.