If you like the sound of designing your own train, hiring crew and travelling across the dangerous Wild West then Bounty Train [Official Site] will probably be your thing.
Here's what the developer said only yesterday:
Bounty Train Linux is coming up next, so expect some news in the near future :)
We are currently looking into delivering the DLC to all stores, as well as additional bugfixes - next would be bringing Linux on track, so to speak!
They did say last year it would come, but they didn't have any date in mind. Hopefully the wait will be over soon as they say.
- Control true to original locomotives, expand and design them in various ways
- Assort an efficient crew and overcome the challenges of North America together
- Prove yourself by handling chase-fights and ambushes, but be careful and inventive: resources are scarce and technology isn't always reliable
- Explore the America of the 19th century, visit real-life cities, trade and provide goods
- Experience an exciting, non-linear story – reunite with your family and prevent the forced removal of the Natives
- Influence real historical events and inventions, and change the course of history
- Choose one of four huge factions – or switch sides in the game process
Like the sound of it? Well it's in the current Humble Daedalic Bundle 2018.
Hat tip to Nevertheless.