Not enough RPGs on Linux for you? Last Epoch [Official Site], a loot-based action RPG that involves time travel is coming to Linux.
It's currently on Kickstarter, where the developer is hoping to get at least $210K in funding with $53K already pledged. They have around 24 days to go so they have plenty of time to gather funding.
You can see a preview of it with their Kickstarter video below:
Here's what it will feature:
- Offline and online multiplayer action
- Time travel and high fantasy world
- 5 base classes that advance into 10 powerful mastery classes
- A deep skill system with augment trees for each skill
- Engrossing loot and crafting system
- Massive end-game content and replayability, trading, PvP, Cycles(seasons), Ladders, and Achievements
- Epic storytelling, memorable characters and environments, voice acting, journals, and hidden secrets
In regards to the time travel aspect of it, the developer said:
Throughout the story, you will travel to four distinct eras in time and see how each zone changes throughout the ages, each change bearing lore implications that will keep you invested in the setting.
Sadly, the demo they currently have is Windows-only. The good news is that they seem committed to the Linux build, with their Community Manager sending out a Twitter post about testing the game on Linux. They've been testing it on an AMD system, with them discovering the Unity double-input bug.