The latest and greatest itch app for the itch.io games store is now available, it's a pretty huge release.
- Sandboxing, better security against games doing naughty things
- App manifests, for developers to pick what executable the game launches
- The start of an API integration
- Download manager improvements, including pause, resume and download priority
- Local library search and filtering
- Browser improvements
- A much better Collection view
- Automatic issue report, if a game crashes you can click a button to send a report
- Press & review copies, making it easier for people like me to pick and install games that are in the press system
- Better Linux support
Catch the full release notes here.
It's pretty incredible how far along the itch app has come, I would say it's already closing in on how interesting the GOG Galaxy client is and they still don't have a Linux client.
I think we all need to pay a bit more attention to itch.io.