After being teased last year which we picked up on, the action-adventure Mayhem in Single Valley has now seen a full announcement and a publishing partner.
Releasing sometime this year and being shown off at PAX East, developer Fluxscopic has teamed up with
tinyBuild to help bring it to its full potential. Mayhem in Single Valley is a "thoughtful" top-down action adventure, mixing in exploration with combat and puzzles which they claim will give an "emotional" gameplay experience. Also something about a radioactive spillage which gets into the local river and it all goes to hell. Check out their brand new trailer below:
What tinyBuild said it will feature:
- Mayhem in a Single Valley is a thoughtful top-down action-adventure of an epic scale
- From downtown to the underground caves, from secret labs to the broken version of reality... and many more locations in gorgeous pixel art
- Dozens of unique puzzles, based on physics, light and more
- A twisted story, full of weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters
- Enemies and NPCs have a variety of motivations and fears, use them to your advantage
- Plane crashes, car chases, making clones of yourself...
- Oh, did we already mention radioactive squirrels?
Additionally, Fluxscopic said to expect "JJ Abrams-esque secret stuff I can't speak about right now". Looks and sounds both weird and amusing. The developer confirmed to us in our previous article that it should release for Linux, today they indicated (Twitter) that's still the case too.
You can wishlist/follow it on Steam.