For those sticking to your DRM free guns with GOG, they today release Victory At Sea a naval strategy game with a Linux build.
Not to be confused with Victory At Sea Pacific, which is the upcoming second game in the series due later this month from Evil Twin Artworks. This is the game where it all started—prepare for war.
About the game:
In Victory At Sea your destiny is in your hands. Once in the campaign what you do next is up to you.
- Harass enemy shipping to starve their ports of vital supplies.
- Destroy the enemy patrols and weaken their defences.
- Defend your friendly convoys and keep your supply lines open.
- Lead an assault force with landing craft to capture enemy ports.
- Go on covert operations.
- Complete special missions.
With over 80 classes of ship and hundreds of ports there are a multitude of playing options. Will you build your fleet around the terrifying firepower of the battleships, sneak around with a submarine wolf pack or look to dominate the skies with carriers?
GOG actually sent over a copy and after a quick test, it does seem to work quite nicely. I didn't notice any obvious issues, it all seemed to work as expected…with my ships sinking to the bottom of the ocean of course.