You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!

Paradox games coming to Linux, Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 and up

Posted by , | Views: 5,934
Paradox Interactive have confirmed on a forum post that Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4+ will be on Linux!

YouTube Thumbnail
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
Accept Cookies & Show   Direct Link

YouTube Thumbnail
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
Accept Cookies & Show   Direct Link

More and more...they just keep coming! Article taken from GamingOnLinux.com.
0 Likes
We do often include affiliate links to earn us some pennies. We are currently affiliated with GOG, Humble Store and Paradox Interactive. See more information here.
About the author -
I am the owner of GamingOnLinux. After discovering Linux back in the days of Mandrake in 2003, I constantly came back to check on the progress of Linux until Ubuntu appeared on the scene and it helped me to really love it. You can reach me easily by emailing GamingOnLinux directly.
See more from me
The comments on this article are closed.
Hyeron 23 December 2012 at 10:03 pm UTC
Oh crap. Now I *have* to buy EU4 too. xD
More seriously: these guys DO deserve support, even more so now that they're coming to us. Glad I "preordered" Crusader Kings II.
Anon 23 December 2012 at 10:30 pm UTC
Yeah, this seems amazing. While I still haven't bought CK2 (out of cash), I'll be getting it as soon as I'm able to. It's great to be finally able to play a proper strategy natively on Linux. Bah, give me a civilization game and I'm set for 99% of cases I actually want to play. And the other 1% is a random indie game from a bundle.
Cheeseness 23 December 2012 at 11:39 pm UTC
They're say that, "Hopefully, all games EU4 and forward will be Mac & Linux compatible." Whilst I'm pretty optimistic about it, I'm not certain that "confirmed" is the right word.
Hyeron 24 December 2012 at 12:27 am UTC
Well according to the devs, in the same topic, it is stated that EU4 uses the same engine as CK2. If the latter is ported, chances go up quite a bit that the former will be as well. Though yeah, "confirmed" isn't the word, yet.
Cheeseness 24 December 2012 at 1:04 am UTC
"Hyeron, post: 7288, member: 223"Well according to the devs, in the same topic, it is stated that EU4 uses the same engine as CK2. If the latter is ported, chances go up quite a bit that the former will be as well. Though yeah, "confirmed" isn't the word, yet.

I was meaning more in reference to future titles than those two specifically
Hamish 24 December 2012 at 2:18 am UTC
Will this be Steam only though?
Hyeron 24 December 2012 at 9:02 am UTC
"Cheeseness, post: 7290, member: 122"I was meaning more in reference to future titles than those two specifically

Oh. Yep, we'll see. ^^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on Patreon, Liberapay or Paypal. We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts