Planetary Annihilation: TITANS [Steam, Official Site] is one of the best traditional real time strategy games available on Linux. The good news is that it is still being supported, and it's about to get another huge update this time aimed at performance.
The game is about to get a big multi-threading pass with PTE 98721 (their form of Beta testing).
This will likely help a lot during larger battles, which was a big sore spot for the game.
Note: This update is for both PA and PA TITANS.
Changelog for the new PTE beta version:
- Local Server multi-threading across planets and AIs
- LZ4 compression for server mods
- AI improvements and multi-threaded
- Client and Server improvements
- Crash fixes and perf improvements.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: