Paradox has just announced the latest full expansion for Stellaris named MegaCorp and as the name suggests it's focusing on profit on a galactic scale. During their livestream, they mentioned it's not finished and they're not ready to give out a date just yet.
Features coming with the paid expansion will include:
- Corporate Culture: Chief Executive Officers of a MegaCorp can conduct business on a galaxy-wide scale with a host of new civics. By building Branch Offices on planets within empires they have trade agreements with, the MegaCorp can add a portion of the planet’s Trade Value to their own network. Using the new Corporate Authority, construct an economic powerhouse and dominate galactic trade - for a brighter future.
- City World: With Ecumenopolis, players can increase the population density of core worlds to truly epic proportions, eventually creating a planet-spanning megacity.
- Caravaneer Fleets: Keep an eye out for the Caravaneers, nomadic interstellar wheelers-and-dealers who stay aloof from galactic politics, and always have a bargain up their sleeve. Expect surprises when these master traders wander through your space or when you visit their home systems.
- More Megastructures: Budget has been approved for your own glorious Matter Decompressor, Mega-Art Installation or Strategic Coordination Center to acquire new scaling capabilities for your megalopolis.
- Galactic Slave Market: Buy and sell labor on an industrial scale, set them free or keep them as livestock. The choice is yours!
- VIP Status Comes with its Perks: Keep your economy competitive in a cutthroat galaxy with additional Ascension perks.
Find out more on the Paradox site.
This is going to be very interesting to try, I'm looking forward to performing my first hostile takeover of a rival corp or perhaps I can make a massive galaxy-wide MegaChurch and spread the good word.
They also announced a "Dev Clash" where they're playing the MegaCorp expansion which will be happening tomorrow. I imagine that it will be on their Twitch Channel.