Polygod, the difficult FPS from Krafted Games is officially leaving Early Access on August 17th and it sure does look fun.
From the press release:
“It's been a long road to release and we're super excited to finally get the game into the hands of our community” commented Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games. “We firmly believe PolyGod offers a unique take on the FPS genre and are confident that our ideas and game direction will strike a chord with the hardcore fans of the genre worldwide”
Here's their latest trailer:
- Infinite level possibilities - maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
- Brutal Difficulty curve - Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
- Online co-op and versus multiplayer - Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards. (Versus multiplayer not available on Switch.)
- Skill based gameplay - Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skilful nonstrategic players.
- Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system - Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
- Classic FPS controls - POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
Not one I've personally played, as we have no contact with the developer. It doesn't have a lot of reviews on Steam either, but it's showing as positive overall for what it has.