A day I've been waiting for after playing hours of the early builds, Overland from developer Finji is finally going to release on September 19th.
What is Overland exactly? It's a strategy game about making difficult decisions on a long journey across post-apocalyptic America. You take care of a small group, with each new stop along the road taking place in a small and stylish location you need to quietly loot. Incredible atmosphere to it and it's difficult, even as someone who has played a huge amount of strategy games it's tested me plenty.
Check out the new launch trailer:
For anyone who did purchase it like me on itch.io during their First Access program, they will unlock the 1.0 build on release day and give you a Steam key. Checking back on it myself, I purchased it personally…three years ago?! Damn.
Some more info on what to expect:
- Always keep fuel in the tank. Stay away from the creatures. Be careful. Be quiet.
- Loud sounds attract trouble, and there's no way you can fight them all. Grab as much gas as you can, rescue that trapped stranger, and get back in the car before it's too late.
- Travel West, through grasslands, over mountains, across deserts, and to even stranger places. Every level, roadmap, and character is randomly generated, so each trip is new.
- Equip dozens of items, including medkits, shields, axes, potted plants, scavenged armor, and luggage racks.
- A completely new end of the world from Finji (Canabalt, Night in the Woods).