With a style that reminds me of a game I played on the Amiga (a name I've long forgotten), Primal Light actually looks really good.
Currently in development and planned to be released across Linux, macOS and Windows. You take on the role of Krog, "a mysterious blue creature in a red loincloth, as he traverses a labyrinth of ladders, levers, traps, and monsters. Explore the nooks and crannies of a bizarre and evocative world as you hack and slash your way to victory, leaving a graveyard of grotesque bosses in your wake".
- Explore a bizarre and evocative world filled with ladders, levers, traps, and monsters, arranged linearly across 10 levels.
- Face 10 challenging bosses in arcade-style combat reminiscent of the 16-bit era.
- Master new acrobatic abilities as you progress, allowing you to overcome obstacles and enemies.
- Dive into challenging side paths to uncover hidden collectibles, unlocking upgrades and passive abilities.
- Experience stunning pixel art and a majestic soundtrack.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam. Releasing sometime this year.
If you want to try it early, they do actually have a demo available with a Linux build you can grab from itch.io. It's also another title being made with the FOSS game engine Godot Engine, which I love to see more from.